What better to do during this time of year than embrace it. Where better to embrace it than at the FAIR. At the fair, everything is HOT, everyone is SWEATY, and everyone STINKS.
As my three loyal readers know, Biscuit and I have a love affair with the fair (read the 2008 posts here and here). We go every year (with only one lapse due to budgetary constraints). For that one day in early August each year, we tease the grim reaper on questionable rides, with heart-attack inducing fried food, and with hyperventilating laughter.
Our risky behavior is contagious. This year, our duo turned into a caravan. Husband, Momma T and Monkers joined the fair celebration.
- Corn on the cob (have to make sure they dip the entire ear in the VAT of butter before you eat it)
- Fried buckeyes (the candy, not the nut)
- Smoked Turkey Leg (the overall favorite)
- Fried Pickles
- Fried Cheese
- French Fries
We rode rides.
- Momma T did not like the ride that spins you in a circle so fast that centripetal force pastes you to your seat
- I should NOT try to take pictures during the ride! Broke the camera slightly....but fixed it when safely on the ground.
- Husbands' stomach is stronger than I thought.
We laughed, perspired and we were tuckered out. It is something that we can only do once a year!