Monday, January 12, 2009

Upcoming nuptials

As the wedding approaches, I’ve gotten so many questions, are you nervous? Are you excited? Do you need help with anything? How is the planning coming? Are you ready to leave the SINGLE life?

Coming into the week of my wedding, I thought I’d share my thoughts.
First of all, I haven’t thought of myself as single for many years. For that reason, I’m not nervous at all. I’ve pledge my love to my future husband many times before—this time it’s just in public.

As a party planner I’m nervous. I’ve had nightmares that I forgot my dress, people didn’t show up and other ridiculous things. I’ve put a lot of my time into this event, for that I’m nervous of the outcome. I want everyone to have a great time!

Am I excited? SO MUCH. I can’t wait to stand up in front of everyone and read the vows I wrote, hear the vows he writes, and have it be a celebration for us. And then there is party with all our loved ones, the drinks, the dancing, the fun. Oh and did I mention the dress. I think I might have to wear it for weeks afterwards, one evening isn’t enough.

So I’m sure if you are one of the two people reading this, you’ll be with us next Saturday. I hope you rejoice in your own happiness and celebrate with us.

Posts to follow about the wedding and honeymoon (Costa Rica, here we come)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of the two you count as reading this? :)

Anonymous said...

LOL. And I, the second. xoxo

monkers27 said...

Third. I had a such a good time. You, marci, are a wonderful party planner! Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. I miss you already!

Anonymous said...

Marci, the wedding was absolutely beautiful! Everything about it was classy, and we had a wonderful time. It was so extremely great to see two people so happy that they're almost bursting with excitement over such an event. Too many times it's "just another wedding", and is forgotten, but the joy you have for each other has made it unforgettable. It was a privilege to share in such a milestone of your and Jon's life together. - Phil & Lydia