Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Birthday Cake Challenge - Year 5

The birthdays continue. This past weekend was Biscuits 30th birthday!! And you all know what that means – Birthday Cake Challenge!

The birthday cake challenge started in 2009 – yep, 5 YEARS AGO – with the crepe cake 
IMG_1940

 Subsequent challenges have led us to the following tasty destinations:
211
This salty caramel chocolate goodness
P1090071
The Rainbow cake - detailed here
Untitled
Last year's Pavlova that I don't think I blogged about
This year biscuit sent me a recipe for a pineapple upside down cake. She must think I need a break because this only required me to follow a straightforward recipe. I even had a helper this year.
 
Untitled
 
We made the cake and went to sing Happy Birthday and enjoy the cake.
 
Untitled
 
It was good, but next time I’d probably search out a recipe that makes it in a cast iron skillet so the pineapple caramelizes and the sugar gets all crunchy on the outside edges. Next time, I’ll take your challenge and raise the bar.


No comments: