Friday, December 28, 2012

One Year

My dear baby girl, I can't believe you are going to be One Year Old on Sunday. Where did the time go? This time last year I was anxiously awaiting your arrival. The holidays were abnormally anticlimactic. Santa arrived as expected; leaving us slightly disappointed he wasn't the stork. We checked into the hospital on the 29th. As I labored through the night, your dad snoozed. Don't let him tell you otherwise. He was snoring as I was laboring. Bubby was there when we checked in, left to get some shut-eye at aunt Biscuit's, and returned early in the morning to lend support. You arrived at 1:58 PM on the 30th. What an amazing day that was. Everyone was there waiting to meet the new baby girl: Bubby, Grandpa, Uncle Meg, Quinn, Aunt Biscuit, Nana, Grandpa, Mema, and Aunt Jenna and eventually Uncle Gil. We all cried with joy at how beautiful and healthy you were. I remember feeling I couldn't imagine loving you more than that day. Boy was I wrong.

026


When I look back at the past year, the first three months of your life were really more about your Dad and I learning to be parents, scared of everything and only wanting to protect you. Despite our hovering and mistakes along the way, you grew fast and furiously. You event tolerated our antics, mustaches, sunglasses and all.

2012-05-04_18-05-29_743
 

It took a while for you to let loose your first giggle. I have no idea why it took so long considering how hil-ar-ious Mom and Dad are. Nevertheless, that sound might be the best in the world.

IMG_20120703_074808


After six months, you must have decided you were done with the world telling you about things and instead you started exhibiting a desire to explore for yourself.

Untitled


Then, in a blink of an eye, you are one.

Untitled


We always knew you were a beautiful baby, but you are showing us every day how observant and smart you are. It is amazing. It only encourages your Dad and I to find more ways to foster that curiosity. I'm so excited about all the things to come, but today and this weekend I want to reflect, holding close all the joy the last year has brought us.

Happy Birthday Caroline!

7caroline_b[1]

P1090228-2


Untitled


P1080527

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love this!!!! Happy birthday sweet Caroline :)

Dr.Riyaz Sheriff said...

CUTE PHOTOS www.riyazsheena.blogspot.in