Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New Mom

I know I haven't posted in a while. The intention is there, but the time isn't. I'll just use my standby excuse, "I have a baby". I don't know how long I can use that excuse because it doesn't seem to stop some of my more organized friends from getting it all done.

Anyways, the past month has been very eventful for our house. Caroline got sick for the first time. Hubs had a birthday. And we went to the lake and took the babies on their very first vacation! If that wasn't enough, we come back from vacation and Caroline gets sick again right as I have to leave for a business trip.

If I've learned one thing in the past month, it is that I am the baby in this scenario, the newborn mom. As Caroline is leaning to crawl, I'm learning to let her fall. As she is learning new people, I'm trying to learn not to hover. As she is experiencing new things, I'm discovering new levels of worry.

All my mom-friends probably tried to prepare me for this, but I tell you now it must be learned through experience. I now know how worthless you feel when your baby is screaming and crying looking to you to fix it and there is nothing you can do. Baby tears are heartbreaking. On the flip side of that coin is laughter. I have NEVER heard a sound so sweet. It fills me with joy. I am doing anything I can think of to encourage her giggles. She is a tough sell!

So all this to say that almost 9 months later, I'm probably less confident than ever. Let's hope this trend doesn't continue or my daughter will end up raising me.

As soon as I can I'll fill you in on Caroline's first vacation. In the meantime, I'll leave you with the best shot Hubs took with his phone on vacation - Bubby and the Babies.
Bubby and Babies

No comments: