Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Is Here: Weddings, Graduations, Birthdays OH MY

So I have high hopes of posting lots of updates tomorrow since I am taking the day off work. But to be honest, I know myself better than that. I'm going to be away from my desk, therefore have NO desire to open up the laptop.

Tomorrow will be the first time I'm taking the day off and STILL sending Caroline to the sitter. I am throwing a shower for Biscuit this weekend, and need some undivided attention to bake and prepare. I am making this dessert that I found on another blog. It is a lemon berry white chocolate trifle. I love lemon and blueberries together. Doesn't it look DELISH? I was going to do a test run first, but then I remembered, I'm a new mom and have no time. So here's hoping it turns out as delicious as it sounds. Don't go and get all impressed because I bought most of the ingredients. It's more assembly than culinary art.

After this weekend, I'll do a full recap on the shower. There were MANY craft projects leading up to the event and I didn't want to spoil the surprise because Biscuit is one of my four faithful blog followers. Thanks Biscuit.

Other than the shower, we have my brother- in-law's graduation party and my niece's third birthday. With this full schedule, I need the day off just to get the laundry done!

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE summer? Well so do the animals. Sammy is healing nicely. She thinks she is completely healed, obvious by her demand for the ball to be thrown. We are being very cautious though. Our bank account is still recovering.

Franklin thinks he is an outside cat now, SCREAMING at us if we don't let him out the minute he demands. Luckily when outside he stays close to home, exploring the jungle of our own yard. Just this last weekend I found him on the roof on the shed in the back, hunting a bird in the front yard and sprinting the length of the property like a lion in the savanna. He is a happy cat.




No comments: