Monday, May 18, 2009

Toothbrush

I haven't been feeling well this last week - hence the lack of blog posts - but thats not the point.

You know that nasty taste you get in your mouth when you get a cold, the tasted that no amount of Listerine or brushing of teeth will get rid of. I know you know the taste, your mouth feels like you just sucked on cotton ball.

I woke up with that nasty gummy mouth and went to brush my teeth for the first time that day. I started with just the toothbrush, to pre-scrub the grime prior to adding the minty toothpaste.

I wet the toothbrush and went to town. Suddenly, I stopped. I was struck at once with a weird chemical taste and a foaming on the toothbrush that was not toothpaste quality foam. I stopped to examine the brush at the same time my nose made the connection. That taste, is so familiar but not to my tounge, to my noise. SHIT - its cleaning supplies.

I started spiting and gagging immediately. I ran over and sucked in as much Listerine as my mouth could hold. WHAT THE HELL. Did my husband use my TOOTHBRUSH TO CLEAN????

He heard my commotion and came running. WHAT's the matter. My mouth still full of MOUTH APPROPRIATE cleaning products, the glare was enough to let him know I was pissed.

I spit out the Listerine and asked, WHAT DID YOU USE MY TOOTHBRUSH TO CLEAN??

his response - What are you talking about? I didn't use your toothbrush for anything.

ME: YOU USED IT FOR SOMETHING! IT HAD CLEANING SUPPLIES ON IT. TOXIC, CHEMICAL ONES. (verses the not toxic, non chemical ones? I know it didn't make sense)

Him: I didn't touch your toothbrush

ME: LETS JUST AGREE TO NOT USE TOOTHBRUSHES TO CLEAN EVER.

Him: but they do a good job.

I'm left in the bathroom, trying to scrape the bleach taste out of my mouth, unsure if my husband was trying to kill me.

No comments: